GUEST PLAYER RULE
A member club may elect to use guest players to fill a game-day, league play only roster for VSL league play.
A. ROSTER REQUIREMENTS
1. A game-day roster is a photocopy of the team’s Official VYSA Roster with the guest player information completed in ink in its entirety on the back side in the prescribed area.
2. Players rostered on the original roster but unable to play or unavailable for play should have a solid black line drawn through their record on the game-day roster photocopy only. (to explicitly show in-eligible players)
3. The game-day roster does not require approval by the League Registrar or any Assistant League Registrars or any other league official except as required in Section E, subsection 5.
4. The completed game-day roster along with the official VYSA team roster and USYS player passes for all participating players on the game-day roster must be available as specified in the VSL rules before the match for the match official’s and the opposing team officials’ review.
5. A copy of the game-day roster and a copy of the official USYS team roster must be made available for the match official’s records.
6. The game-day roster may contain no more than 7v7= 10 players, 9v9= 12 players, 11v11= 14 players. In accordance with Section B subsections 1, 2, & 3.
B. GUEST PLAYER REQUIREMENTS
1. All guest players must be registered to a team within the club or the club’s parent or affiliate and hold a valid USYS player pass for travel play. All USYS carded players, recreational or travel, may guest play for league play.
A11 teams are permitted to have a game day roster which includes guest players. Roster size with guest players is limited to the number of players on the field per team plus 3 substitutes.. No more than five (5) guest players are allowed. Maximum Game Day Roster limits with quest players: 7v7=10 players, 9v9=12 players, 11v11=14 players. (The maximum game day roster limits are not the VYSA League Roster limits. The limit of 10,12, or 14 players listed as Maximum Game Day Rosters applies only when utilizing guest players in the league.)
Permission to have a single guest player for Developmental purposes only when the roster limits above are filled by regular team members (no guests), must be cleared through the Technical Director
C. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
1. Players suspended from match play may not be removed from the game-day roster and are considered ineligible for play or guest player substitution. Suspensions include players required to sit out games for red cards and penalty point suspensions.